Friday, October 14, 2005

All in one move

If you've ever read John Grisham you've heard all the cliches about being a lawyer and alcoholism. Wrong. Students drink like fish. (ps, that's a dumb expression, or I'm getting it wrong.) ANYWAY. People think that students just drink cause we're young and we're out for a good time but we don't know enough about ourselves to have a good time without the sauce. Wrong again. A) Stress reliever. B) I write my best papers between 4 and 5 drinks. Its what I like to call the sliding boozing/writing scale.

No drinks = uninspired trite or blank staring at screen
1 drink = Picking up, might think of something intelligent, but cannot articulate
2 drinks = develop thesis
3 drinks = it is only going up hill from here.
4 drinks = get everything done here, after this point you are entering danger zone
5 drinks = Depends on person. Here I'm either just writing like its nobodies business or sleeping
6 drinks = Throw out old thesis, make new one
Morning After = EDIT EDIT EDIT. revert to original thesis and hope to God you didnt erase everything in your drunken stupor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home